Algae is something that no swimming pool owner wants to deal with. It turns that sparkling water into dirty, foggy water. We put together a list to help you navigate your way around algae if you find it in your pool. Keep your swimming pool’s water sparkling clear for everyone to enjoy.
- Your pump is a huge help when maintaining your pool. If you spot algae, run your pump right away and add shock to your water. Follow the instructions on the shock container for proper use.
- While you probably do this daily, it’s time to take out that brush. Give your pool a good scrub. Brush up and down the ladders, steps, and other hard-to-reach areas.
- Throughout this process, you will want to add an algaecide. See container or product for proper use.
- It is recommended that you keep your filtration system running for at least the next 72 hours. This will remove any dead algae or algae that you may have removed while brushing.
- Once dead algae falls to the bottom of the pool, use your swimming pool vacuum to clean it up. We recommend doing this slowly to make sure no algae spreads throughout your pool.
- This will NOT be done within a day. It may take a few days for your water to be clean and algae-free. Be patient.
No pool owner wants to deal with algae. We hope these few steps will help you get your water clear and safe again. For more pool tips, check out our blog here!